Friday, August 23, 2013

Sweet Autumn Clematis


Clematis paniculata (C. terniflora)  Common Name: Sweet Autumn Clematis

I have had this vine for many years, but never really knew it was a Clematis until recently. It produces a lot of vines in the early Spring and Summer. So much so, I must keep it trimmed, so as not to over run all of the other flowers in the surrounding area. This Fall, I plan to set out a few starts in other places. My son-in-law thinks it might be a good flower for the bees to use in gathering nectar. I have seen a field just down the road from our home in which this same flower has run rampant and it is beautiful. We now have plenty of open fields for it to roam, if necessary. Maybe the bees will take advantage of it and give us a good harvest of honey next Fall. Wouldn't that be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment